Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honourApril 29th, 2011 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) Pippa Middleton, the 27-year-old sister of the British royal bride, Friday played her role of maid of honour to perfection, with a stunning gown in white as she guided the young troupe of bridesmaids into Westminster Abbey.
Pippa - also known as Philippa - wore a white gown made by Alexander McQueen designer Sarah Burton.
“The slinky white cowl-neck dress showed off her slender figure, with the cap sleeves keeping it youthful. The back of her dress, revealed as she carried Kate’s train into the abbey, was studded with tiny silk-covered buttons,” commented the Daily Mail.
Her hair was worn down for a “romantic look”, with just the front part held back by a lily-of-the-valley hairpiece.
The young bridesmaids - Grace van Cutsem (three), Eliza Lopes (three), Lady Louise Windsor (seven) and the Hon Margarita Armstrong-Jones (eight) - all wore Nicki Macfarlane frocks.
The white dresses were all handmade with English Cluny lace and featured dark cream sashes, tied at the back with a large bow.
The pageboys - Tom Pettifer (eight) and William Lowther-Pinkerton (10) - were dressed in red tunics, similar to William’s formal Irish Guards attire of a red jacket with gold braiding.
The uniforms, including William’s, were designed by Kashket and Partners.
- Royal wedding: The pageboys and the bridesmaids - Apr 29, 2011
- William breaks tradition, picks Harry as 'best man' rather than 'supporter' - Feb 15, 2011
- Prince William picks brother Harry as best man - Feb 14, 2011
- Women make style statements with hats at royal wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Royal couple in Canada - Jul 01, 2011
- Kate and WIlliam to Wed at Westminster Abbey in April - Nov 24, 2010
- Prince William's household 'planning the royal wedding' - Dec 05, 2010
- Pippa Middleton's derriere has its own Facebook fan sites - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate is vision in white - Apr 29, 2011
- Official wedding pics hint Will-Kat's future will be happier than Charles and Diana's - May 01, 2011
- Kate not to employ housekeeper - Jun 16, 2011
- After royal wedding, Will-Kat partied till early hours (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Kim, Kris married - Aug 21, 2011
- Millions to celebrate 'People's Royal Wedding' on April 29! - Nov 24, 2010
- Prince William helps search missing Aboriginal warrior's skull - Apr 02, 2010
Tags: alexander mcqueen, cap sleeves, cluny lace, cowl neck, daily mail, frocks, irish guards, lady louise windsor, lily of the valley, maid of honour, pageboys, pippa middleton, red jacket, royal bride, sarah burton, sashes, slender figure, westminster abbey, white gown, william lowther