Pinki files theft complaint against live-in partnerJuly 15th, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 15 (IANS) Asiad gold medallist runner Pinki Pramanik, accused of being a male and committing rape, Sunday sought police protection and filed a theft complaint against her live-in partner on whose complaint she was arrested in West Bengal June 14.
“I was out of my house for almost a month and when I returned many of my belongings were missing so I have lodged a police complaint. I have also sought police protection,” said Pramanik, who got bail after spending 26 days in judicial custody in North 24-Parganas district.
“We have received a complaint of theft from Pramanik and we are looking into the matter,” said a police officer.
Pinki, who has denied all charges against her, was critical of the media saying that she was targeted despite being innocent.
“She (her live-in partner) ruined my life by making a false allegation and the media has been projecting her as a victim and targeting me. I am innocent. I am now feeling insecure and apprehensive about my safety and security,” added Pinki.
Pinki was arrested June 14 and remanded to judicial custody by a court the next day after the athlete’s live-in partner, a divorcee and a mother of one, filed a police complaint accusing the sportsperson of being a male who repeatedly “raped and tortured” her.
The woman who had alleged Pinki of raping her filed a new case of criminal breach of trust against the former athlete July 13.
Several medical tests to determine Pinki’s gender have been conducted and the reports of these tests have been submitted before a West Bengal court.
Pramanik, who retired from athletics three years ago, won gold in the 4×400 metres women relay at the 2006 Asian Games in Doha in Qatar. The runner was a silver medallist at the Melbourne Commonwealth Games the same year.
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail - Jul 10, 2012
- Athlete Pinki undergoes gender test again in Kolkata - Jun 25, 2012
- MMS showing Pinki undergoing gender test goes viral online - Jul 02, 2012
- Athlete Pinki's blood sample taken for chromosomal test - Jul 02, 2012
- Pinki denied bail, remanded to further judicial custody - Jun 29, 2012
- Pinki undergoes gender test, medical board seeks more time (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Former athlete Pinki Pramanik gets bail (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Pinki undergoes sex test - Jun 19, 2012
- Pinki undergoes medical test, result Tuesday - Jun 18, 2012
- Pinki to undergo medical test Tuesday (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- PIL in Calcutta High Court to seek Pinki's release - Jul 05, 2012
- Pinki to face gender test Monday - Jun 16, 2012
- Pinki's gender test report reaches hospital - Jul 09, 2012
- Court asks for West Bengal report on Pinki probe - Jul 06, 2012
- Pinki released from jail, alleges being framed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: asian games, belongings, breach of trust, criminal breach of trust, divorcee, doha, false allegation, gold medallist, judicial custody, june 14, medical tests, melbourne commonwealth games, new case, police complaint, police officer, police protection, safety and security, silver medallist, sportsperson, west bengal