Pink Floyd to unite for London Olympics?January 4th, 2012 - 6:32 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 4 (IANS) Rock band Pink Floyd is likely to get back together to perform at London 2012 Olympics.
“It’s long been made clear it would take something very special to get Pink Floyd back together again and it doesn’t get any bigger than the Olympics,” express.co.uk quoted an insider as saying.
“Like Sir Paul [McCartney, who is tipped to open the event], they have been a major part of the nation’s culture over the past 40 years and it will be very fitting that they’re involved when London is on show to the world. It’s hoped everything can be confirmed in the coming weeks,” the insider added.
The rock band consisting of Roger Waters, Nick Mason and David Gilmour, last put their differences aside to play charity gig Live 8 in 2005.
- Pink Floyd set to reunite? - Jul 16, 2010
- Pink Floyd may reunite for charity - Oct 16, 2010
- Think Floyd, the homegrown Pink Floyd tribute ensemble - May 23, 2010
- Roger Waters, David Gilmour to reunite 'for one gig' - Apr 02, 2011
- Techno Pink Floyd anyone? - Aug 20, 2010
- Pink Floyd duo reunite for charity show - Jul 13, 2010
- Jemima Khan 'scuppers' Pink Floyd reunion - Nov 26, 2010
- Charlie Gilmour, The Pink Floyd Guitarist's Son, Adopts A Different Way To Rebel - Dec 15, 2010
- Beatles reuniting on stage, courtesy the magic of technology - Dec 02, 2010
- Is Harry Styles dating Georgia May Jagger? - Feb 21, 2012
- Stella McCartney opens her first Adidas store - May 30, 2012
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- Piano played by Beatles on sale - Jul 21, 2010
- Pink Floyd to reunite for charity gig - Apr 04, 2008
- Pink Floyd Frontman David Gilmour's Son Arrested Over London Student Protests - Dec 13, 2010
Tags: 2012 olympics, band pink, charity gig, express co, insider, london 2012 olympics, london jan, london olympics, nick mason, olympics, paul mccartney, pink floyd, rock band, roger waters, sir paul mccartney