Pilot killed as Bangladesh Air Force trainer crashes (Lead)April 9th, 2012 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
Dhaka, April 8 (IANS) A pilot was killed and his colleague suffered minor injuries after a training aircraft of the Bangladesh Air Force crashed in the country’s Tangail district Sunday afternoon.
Nurul Islam of the Inter-Services Public Relations of the Bangladesh Army told Xinhua that the L-39 trainer crashed in a village some 90 km northwest of capital Dhaka, at 12.27 p.m.
“Pilot officer Shariful Haque succumbed to death at a military hospital where he was air-lifted with critical injuries,” said a police official, adding the other pilot Squadron Leader Mamunur Rashid sustained minor injuries.
The cause of the crash was not immediately known.
- Pilot hurt as Bangladesh Air Force trainer crashes - Apr 08, 2012
- India to return Bangladesh Air Force cadet to Dhaka - Apr 26, 2012
- India returns Bangladeshi Air Force cadet to Dhaka (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
- Air Marshal Kumaria on a two-day visit to Air Force Station Chandigarh - Mar 01, 2011
- Two killed in Bangladesh air force crash - Dec 20, 2010
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistan Air Force aircraft crashes, pilot killed - Nov 14, 2011
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Four pilots killed as two PAF planes collide (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- One dead in Pakistan Air Force plane crash - Oct 19, 2011
- New simulators for training air force pilots - May 09, 2012
- IAF plane crashes near Chennai, pilots safe (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- 'Indigenous jet trainer to get initial clearance by July' - Feb 10, 2011
- Pilot dies as trainer aircraft crashes - Jul 29, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,