Pilot dies as trainer aircraft crashesJuly 29th, 2011 - 8:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 29 (IANS) A trainer aircraft of a private flying club Friday crashed into the fields of a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh district, killing the pilot and leaving the trainee pilot critically injured, police said.
The two-seater aircraft, owned by the Pioneer Flying Club, crashed into in Khangahri village of Aligarh, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“Captain Rakesh Grover died while trainee pilot I.P. Reddy received critical injuries,” Superintendent of Police (Rural) Prem Chandra told IANS on telephone from Aligarh.
Reddy, a native of Andhra Pradesh, is being treated at a hospital.
“The exact reason behind the crash is yet to be ascertained. An inquiry would be conducted by the civil aviation authorities,” added Chandra.
- IAF plane crashes near Chennai, pilots safe (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Flying school helicopter crashes, pilot safe - Oct 12, 2011
- New simulators for training air force pilots - May 09, 2012
- Two die in IAF plane crash (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- Chetak chopper crashes, pilots safe - Aug 27, 2010
- Pilot killed as Bangladesh Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Second air disaster in Hyderabad in less than two years - Mar 03, 2010
- Samajwadi leader's helicopter crash lands in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 22, 2009
- Britain's poll candidate hurt in plane crash - May 06, 2010
- Accident-prone MiG-21 to be flown only by experienced pilots: IAF - Sep 01, 2011
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots bail out (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Two killed as trainer aircraft crashes in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - May 20, 2010
- Two killed as trainer aircraft crashes in Madhya Pradesh - May 20, 2010
- Have few flight paths over populated areas: Pakistani daily - May 19, 2012
Tags: aircraft crashes, aligarh district, chandra, civil aviation authorities, crash, critical injuries, exact reason, grover, pioneer, prem, rakesh, seater aircraft, superintendent, trainee pilot, trainer aircraft, uttar pradesh