Pilot becomes ill during flight, dies on landingFebruary 16th, 2012 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, Feb 16 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The captain of a Czech airliner flying from Warsaw became ill and died upon landing at an international airport in Prague, CTK news agency reported Wednesday.
The second co-pilot landed the airplane and an ambulance met the aircraft at Ruzyne International Airport to whisk the pilot away. None of the passengers on board were at risk.
“Doctors were unable to help, the airline’s captain died,” CSA Airlines spokeswoman Hana Hejskova said.
No information has been released on the cause of the pilot’s illness or the cause of his death.
- Pilot dies in Czech plane crash - Jun 11, 2012
- US scraps missile defence plan for Czech Republic - Jun 15, 2011
- Czech leader says more European integration 'fatally wrong' - Oct 09, 2011
- Czech ex-president Havel to be buried Friday - Dec 19, 2011
- Sober behind wheels? Czech cops will give you a bottle! - Jul 28, 2011
- Russian plane with 116 on board makes emergency landing - Jul 02, 2011
- JetBlue captain goes berserk on flight, subdued by passengers - Mar 29, 2012
- 10-tonne bridge stolen in Czech Republic - May 01, 2012
- Poland partly blames Russia for presidential plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- One man survives, 32 dead in UN plane crash in Congo - Apr 05, 2011
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- Two killed in plane's emergency landing in Moscow - Dec 04, 2010
- Hackers leak Czech PM's private data - Apr 04, 2012