Pilgrim killed in GurgaonJuly 17th, 2012 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, July 17 (IANS) A Hindu pilgrim was killed and a dozen others were injured when a mini-truck in which they were travelling came in contact with a high-voltage wire here, police said Tuesday.
Maman Singh, 38, died on the spot and 12 other pilgrims were injured late Monday night, police said.
The group of 22 ‘kanwarias’ (pilgrims) of Mahchana village was returning from Haridwar in Uttarakhand, carrying the holy water of the Ganga river, when the incident took place.
The mini-truck carrying the pilgrims touched an 11,000 volt power line at Kaliawas village, said a police official.
- Nine kanwarias killed in road accidents (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Three kanwarias killed in Uttarakhand - Aug 06, 2010
- Six kanwarias killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 06, 2010
- Killed pilgrims' kin protest non-payment of compensation - Jun 28, 2012
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
- Kanwaria electrocuted to death in Ghaziabad - Aug 03, 2010
- One killed as school bus collides with mini-truck - Feb 05, 2012
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh bus-mini truck crash - May 31, 2012
- Two killed in Maharashtra road accident - Aug 13, 2011
- Compensation for Uttarakhand accident victims - Aug 02, 2010
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Devotees throng Shiva temples, celebrate 'Shravan' - Jul 16, 2011
- Kanwarias throng Haridwar for annual monsoon festival - Aug 07, 2010
- Annual monsoon festival at Gaya's Mahabodhi Temple attracts Hindu pilgrims - Aug 13, 2010