Petroleum ministry to award CWG medal winnersOctober 15th, 2010 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) Indian sportspersons who won gold medals at the just-concluded Commonwealth Games will receive cash awards of Rs.10 lakh each, the petroleum ministry announced Friday. Silver medal winners will get Rs.7.5 lakhs each and bronze winners Rs.5 lakhs each.
Congratulating the 101 medal winners, Petroleum Minister Murli Deora said it showcased India’s emergence as a “sporting nation”.
He said that the awards will be given through the Petroleum Sports Promotion Board. The prize money of Rs.9 crore will be contributed by the public sector oil companies.
For the first time in the history of the Commonwealth Games, India finished at the second spot in the medals tally. India won 38 gold, 27 silver and 36 bronze at the Oct 3-14 mega-event.
- Cash bonanza for armed forces CWG medal winners - Oct 15, 2010
- Haryana gears up to honour CWG athletes Monday - Oct 31, 2010
- Haryana gives Rs.15 lakh each to three gold medal wining wrestlers - Oct 06, 2010
- Haryana government felicitates Asian Games athletes - Dec 22, 2010
- Cash rewards announced for Indian medal winners in Commonwealth Games - Oct 04, 2010
- Railways sportspersons bag 13 of 38 gold medals - Oct 14, 2010
- Sonia, Rahul meet Indian medal winners - Oct 16, 2010
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all! - Oct 30, 2010
- Sports minister gives away cash awards to 158 athletes - May 10, 2012
- Deora announces cash incentive for medal winners - Oct 03, 2010
- Low-key welcome in Hyderabad for champion shuttlers - Oct 16, 2010
- Mamata Banerjee announces awards for Railway players winning CWG medals - Oct 08, 2010
- Commonwealth delegates to study Haryana sports programme - Feb 08, 2011
- Haryana chief minister wants Olympics in India - Oct 10, 2010
- After CWG, Haryana to reward its Asian Games athletes - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: bronze winners, cash awards, commonwealth games, crore, emergence, gold medals, history of the commonwealth, India, medals tally, murli deora, New Delhi, oil companies, petroleum ministry, prize money, promotion board, public sector oil, silver medal winners, sports promotion