Petitioners seeking quashing of FIR fined Rs.1.50 lakhSeptember 27th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 27 (IANS) Three men who approached the Delhi High Court seeking quashing of an FIR lodged two years ago as they wanted to settle the matter between them, invited displeasure of the court which imposed a fine of Rs.1.50 lakh on them.
The court order came following the public prosecutor’s arguments that even though the parties agreed to compromise among themselves, in the event, the FIR is quashed, heavy costs should be imposed upon the petitioners.
Holding that the petitioner have wasted the court’s time, Justice Suresh Kait said: “I find force in the submissions of prosecutor for the state, therefore, while quashing the FIR, I impose a costs of Rs.50,000 each upon petitioner No.1, who is running a plastic factory; petitioner No.2, who is a cable operator and upon petition No.4, who is running a flour mill.”
“I defer in imposing any costs upon petitioner No.3 and 5 who are workers only in the factory,” he said.
The court was hearing a petition filed by Suresh Pal Singh, who approached the court for quashing of an FIR lodged against him and others under section 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide), 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees) and34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of IPC in 2009 with Vijay Vihar police station in north Delhi in 2009.
He submitted before the court that a compromise has worked out with the intervention of the common friends and relatives and members of the locality on July 20, and the respondent does not wish to pursue the case against the petitioners.
Disposing off the petition, the court said: “The aforesaid total costs of Rs.1.50 lakh shall be deposited in favour of the ‘Welfare Fund for Children and Destitute Women’ Nirmal Chaya, Jail Road, Tihar, New Delhi within a week from today and proof thereof shall be placed on the record.”
- Court quashes case against two army officers - Jun 13, 2012
- Share retirement funds with estranged wife, court tells man - Oct 29, 2011
- Mumbai woman issued warrant on chat partner's plea - Jun 27, 2011
- Plea in SC seeks review of quashing of case against Mayawati - Aug 04, 2012
- Boost for Mayawati as SC slams CBI on graft case - Jul 06, 2012
- Court quashes proceedings against Microsoft India (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Court dismisses DLF plea (Lead) - Jan 03, 2012
- Court tells government to reinstate CISF official - Apr 19, 2011
- Supreme Court decries abuse of court process by criminals - Apr 01, 2012
- Court slams 'shameless' cop for misbehaving with woman - Mar 19, 2011
- Kalmadi's plea to attend parliament dismissed (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Apex court restores Bihar MP's Lok Sabha membership (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- High court quashes FIR against Pomersbach (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Petition seeking action against Hazare, aides dismissed - May 04, 2012
- Akhilesh behind 2011 'rape' case against Rahul, SC told - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: cable operator, culpable homicide, delhi high court, destitute women, displeasure, fir, flour mill, furtherance, jail road, justice suresh, kait, mischief, north delhi, petitioner, police station, public prosecutor, respondent, rs 50, rupees, welfare fund