Petitioner in Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple case diesJuly 17th, 2011 - 10:07 am ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 17 (IANS) T.P. Sunderarajan, who approached the apex court requesting a stock taking of the gold and jewels stored in the Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple near here, passed away early Sunday. He was 70.
He was suffering from fever for the past two days and was at his home near the temple when he died, a source close to him said.
His funeral will take place later in the day, he added.
A seven member committee formed by the apex court has completed the stock taking of five of the six vaults of the temple early this month. The treasure is unofficially estimated to be worth over Rs.one lakh crores.
Sunderarajan, a 1964 batch Indian Police Service officer, had approached the apex court citing that the temple affairs were being mismanaged. He wanted an estimation of the assets that remained untouched for several years.
He was part of the security ring of the former prime minister Indira Gandhi. He later quit his job and took up the legal profession.
- Stocktaking of Kerala temple treasure begins - Jul 05, 2012
- Woman's presence holds up temple treasure assessment - Sep 20, 2012
- Priests warn against opening Kerala temple's vault - Aug 11, 2011
- Priests warn against opening Kerala temple's vault (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Padmanabhaswamy temple panel to decide Sep 2 on unopened vault - Aug 26, 2011
- Documentation of Padmanabhaswamy temple treasure begins - Feb 20, 2012
- Documentation of Padmanabhaswamy temple's treasure begins - Feb 27, 2012
- Experts to begin documenting Kerala temple treasure - Jul 31, 2011
- Kerala temple treasure's documentation begins Nov 9 - Oct 15, 2011
- Experts begin documenting Kerala temple treasure - Aug 01, 2011
- Achuthanandan denies he called ex-royal family smuggler - Aug 23, 2011
- 'Temple treasure counting to resume soon' - Jul 28, 2011
- As cameras enter Kerala temple, prists plan special prayers - Aug 07, 2011
- Special security for Kerala temple - Jul 03, 2011
- Five-tier security for Kerala treasure temple - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, assets, crores, estimation, fever, former prime minister, gold, indian police service, indira gandhi, jewels, july 17, legal profession, member committee, padmanabhaswamy temple, petitioner, prime minister indira, rs one, thiruvananthapuram, vaults