Petition seeking action against Hazare, aides dismissedMay 4th, 2012 - 1:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday dismissed a petition seeking directions to the government to initiate action against social activist Anna Hazare and two associates for allegedly showing disrespect and dishonouring the national flag during the Lokpal stir.
Dismissing the petition of Chennai-based L.K. Venkat, the apex court bench headed by Justice B.S. Chauhan said, “You want publicity. There is no insult of the flag.”
The court threatened to impose a cost of Rs.1 lakh if the petitioner insisted that his prayers seeking action against Hazare, Kiran Bedi and Arvind Kejriwal.
The petitioner was referring to Lokpal protests held by team Anna in Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
- Plea seeking action against Hazare, aides dismissed (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Hazare insulted national flag, petitioner tells apex court - May 03, 2012
- Hazare insulted national flag, petitioner tells apex court (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Bedi NGO did not cheat: Kejriwal - Nov 28, 2011
- Parallel agitations in Mumbai, Delhi: Hazare - Dec 23, 2011
- Team Anna to approach apex court against detentions - Aug 16, 2011
- Allegations against Bedi a conspiracy: Kejriwal (Lead) - Nov 29, 2011
- Anna Hazare arrives at MMRDA ground in Mumbai - Dec 27, 2011
- Hazare's fast enters fourth day - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna to discuss strategy for Ramlila stir - Dec 13, 2011
- Burning Lokpal bill an affront to parliament: Government - Aug 04, 2011
- Notice to police on carpenter's plea against Anna - Sep 05, 2011
- BJP, Team Anna agree on Jan Lokpal Bill - Aug 26, 2011
- Team Anna to meet Sonia Gandhi Thursday (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Hazare faces complaint in Bhopal on flag hoisting - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: aides, anna hazare, apex, apex court, arvind kejriwal, court bench, disrespect, insult, kiran bedi, lakh, mumbai, national flag, New Delhi, petition, petitioner, prayers, protests, publicity, rs 1, social activist