People protest as decomposed body of kidnapped boy foundMay 30th, 2009 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 30 (IANS) The decomposed body of a nine-year-old boy who had been abducted two days ago was found in a house here Saturday morning, triggering angry protests from people over the kidnapping. Two people, including a shopkeeper, have been arrested, police said.
The body of Satyam Kumar, a Class 6 student of Doon Public School, was found wrapped in cloth in a house in Ashok Colony, suspected to belong to the kidnapper. The owner of the house is absconding. Police suspect that the boy was killed on Thursday night after he was kidnapped that evening while playing with friends outside his house in Kankarbagh colony.
The boy’s father Rajesh Kumar, a businessman, received a call on his cellphone late Thursday night from the abductors asking for Rs.5 million ransom. “My son was kidnapped when he was playing with his friends. We informed the police but no action was taken,” Kumar said.
After the boy’s body was found, hundreds of angry people blocked roads and demanded action against the officer in charge of the Kankarbagh police station for his failure to begin a search Thursday night to trace the boy.
Police Saturday arrested two people, including a neighbourhood shopkeeper.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar claimed during the recently concluded Lok Sabha elections that kidnapping cases had come down drastically during his rule. Such cases are still reported regularly all over the state, but hardly ever make headlines.
Akash Pandey, a 14-year-old boy who was kidnapped on way to school here on Aug 10, 2007, remains untraced. Ankit, a six-year-old student, was kidnapped on April 12, 2007, from outside his school. He remains untraced too.
- Body of abducted boy found in Patna - Dec 24, 2010
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - May 31, 2009
- Abducted Bihar boy found murdered - Aug 26, 2011
- Body of abducted boy found - Oct 27, 2011
- Kidnappers drop minor boy near house - Dec 11, 2011
- Boy sacrificed for hidden treasure in Andhra - Jan 26, 2012
- Body of kidnapped boy found, traffic blocked (Lead) - Jan 05, 2011
- Kidnapped two-year-old boy found - Oct 24, 2011
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - Dec 29, 2010
- Kidnapped Andhra schoolboy found murdered - Apr 20, 2012
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 14-year-old commits suicide - Aug 26, 2012
- Journalist, pregnant wife attacked - Jul 07, 2012
- Three held for murdering 14-year-old boy - Jan 01, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012