People not registering domestic helps in Delhi: Police chiefJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 2 (IANS) Despite frequent incidents of crime committed by domestic helps in the capital, Delhiites have not learnt a lesson; 64 percent of the domestic helps continue to be unregistered, Delhi Police Commissioner Y.S Dadwal said Friday.In a door-to-door survey conducted by Delhi Police last year covering 912,547 households having 111,484 servants, it was found that only 41,046 servants were verified.
“Despite our repeated requests for a necessary servant verification, the people in Delhi are not cooperating in the process of verification. In our survey we found that only 36 percent of the servants were verified,” Dadwal told reporters during the annual media briefing.
“I again request Delhi residents to get their servants verified as it is important for their security and safety,” Dadwal said.
The capital last year recorded a decline in crime against senior citizens.
“For the security and safety of senior citizens, Delhi Police has been working in association with NGOs, Residents Welfare Association and some other organisations. More than 30 senior citizens are contacted daily over telephone by the Delhi Police senior citizens cell,” Dadwal added.
- Rise in crimes against senior citizens: Delhi Police - Jan 02, 2010
- Delhi Police moot mandatory servant verification - Jun 19, 2009
- Get servants verified: Delhi Police - May 12, 2011
- Delhi Police to cover every home in safety survey - Feb 03, 2009
- Delhi Police get tough on servant verification - Feb 18, 2009
- Delhi school children get tips on community policing - Jun 15, 2011
- 168 'ghost' MCD workers detected, police tell court (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Delhi Police to take measures to beef up security in capital - Jan 16, 2009
- Terrorism biggest challenge for Delhi Police: New chief (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- House-to-house surveys before CWG - Sep 21, 2010
- 85-year old woman, servant murdered - Jan 03, 2012
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Poll panel verifies list of homeless after violence - Feb 13, 2011
- Man held for debit card fraud - Jun 17, 2011
- Tikku killer accused of other murders along with wife - Apr 18, 2012