Penelope Cruz urges fans to join hands against cancerDecember 22nd, 2008 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 22 (IANS) Spanish actress Penelope Cruz has urged her fans to register as bone marrow donors, after she met a young cancer sufferer during filming in London.The “Vanilla Sky” star took a break from shooting movie-musical “Nine” to talk to eight-year-old sufferer Joe Cawse, from Kent, England.
She was so inspired by the youngster’s courage that she has urged fans to help in the fight against cancer by signing up to donate their bone marrow, reports contactmusic.com.
“He’s a sunny and intelligent eight-year-old but is battling with leukaemia as I speak. One suitable donor could save his life. I urge people, please, please register. One suitable donor could save Joe’s life,” she said.
- Jackie Chan campaigns for cancer kid - Feb 24, 2010
- Rihanna, Alicia Keys seek help for cancer patient Tavarez - Jul 09, 2010
- Paris Hilton seeks help for cancer boy - May 18, 2010
- Salman pledges bone marrow to help patients - Nov 12, 2010
- Salman Khan Pledges Bone Marrow For Marrow Donor Registry (India) - Nov 18, 2010
- Salman Khan to donate his bone marrow - Nov 14, 2010
- Pak businessman is Delhi's first marrow transplant case from unrelated donor - Sep 17, 2012
- 1.28 mn Chinese register for bone marrow donation - May 17, 2011
- 'Chewing betel leaf may help fight cancer' - Sep 18, 2012
- Rihanna looking for a donor to help leukaemia patient - Jan 12, 2010
- Leukaemia vaccine goes on clinical trial - Feb 01, 2011
- Rihanna works to help leukaemia-stricken Olympic hopeful - Jan 08, 2010
- Robin Roberts Back at 'Good Morning America' - Aug 21, 2012
- Iraqi woman gets new life with bone marrow transplant in India - Sep 23, 2010
- Rihanna, 50 Cent seek bone marrow for kid - Jun 06, 2011