Pedestrian stabbed for shouting at rash driverNovember 26th, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 26 (IANS) In a road rage incident, a 32-year-old pedestrian was stabbed by unidentified attackers in east Delhi moments after he shouted at a vehicle owner driving rashly, police said Saturday.
Moin Ahmed, a resident of Laxmi Nagar in east Delhi, was stabbed seven times around 11.45 Friday night in Ramesh Park area of Shakarpur.
Police said Ahmed received injuries on his head, chest, waist and other areas of his body.
“He made a call to police control room about his situation despite being injured. He was rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital where his condition is said to be stable,” said a police official.
Ahmed told police he was returning home after meeting a friend in Ramesh Park when a speeding car passed him, prompting him to shout at the driver.
“The car driver drove back and started beating up Ahmed. Another car with three-four unidentified people arrived there. They all brutally bashed up Ahmed and stabbed him seven times before fleeing,” said the official.
Police have identified one of the accused.
- Businessman killed in Delhi - Oct 21, 2011
- Some recent road-rage incidents (To go with On Delhi roads, tempers rise with temperatures) - Apr 06, 2012
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Class 12 student stabbed in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Man stabbed to death - Feb 05, 2011
- Youth stabbed by brother-in-law - Feb 02, 2011
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Delhi Police constable killed by minor girlfriend - Jul 08, 2012
- Minor girl, two others killed in Delhi accidents - Aug 10, 2012
- Eatery owner stabbed to death after tiff over bill - Jan 12, 2012
- Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxi - Jun 07, 2012
- Man crushed to death - Jan 14, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Driver found dead inside car - May 07, 2011
- Man shot at in Metro station - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: car driver, east delhi, friday night, lal bahadur shastri, moin, New Delhi, pedestrian, police official, returning home, road rage incident, seven times, speeding car, unidentified attackers, unidentified people, vehicle owner