PDP holds demonstrations across Jammu regionApril 9th, 2011 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 9 (IANS) The People’s Democratic Party Saturday confined to the Jammu region its demonstrations to press for an early resolution of the Kashmir issue, and put off its agitation in the Kashmir valley where a religious leader was assassinated a day earlier.
Workers of the main opposition party in the state held demonstrations at the sub-district headquarters across the Jammu region and demanded that the central government should go in for “early resolution of the Kashmir problem”.
The party did not go ahead with its demonstrations in the valley and decided to postpone the stir in view of the assassination of religious leader Showkat Ahmad Shah in Srinagar Friday.
Party president Mehbooba Mufti had called for “ending the uncertainty in Jammu and Kashmir which is haunting the state in the absence of a permanent solution of the crisis for the past over 60 years”.
- PDP takes out 'resolution' rally - Feb 14, 2011
- BJP leaders visit Kashmir's Hazratbal shrine - Apr 14, 2011
- Omar condemns religious leader's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Regional discrimination issues dominate Kashmir assembly - Mar 26, 2011
- PDP to hold first major public meet in Jammu - Mar 11, 2011
- Kashmir Jamiat-e-Ahlihadith movement has grown - a profile - Apr 08, 2011
- Omar visits family of slain cleric - Apr 09, 2011
- Separatists protest killing of Kashmir religous leader - Apr 10, 2011
- An assassination gone askew - Apr 22, 2011
- Kashmir ombudsman selection panel meet again put off - Jul 18, 2011
- Kashmiri separatist leaders offered security cover - Apr 10, 2011
- Three arrested for Maulana Showkat killing (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Mehbooba attacks Kashmir government over police role - Aug 09, 2011
- Interlocutors' report: Separatists dismissive, mainstream parties dismayed - Oct 13, 2011
- BJP demands inquiry into Srinagar cleric's killing - Apr 15, 2011