PCB chief briefs Zardari about India seriesDecember 17th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Dec 17 (IANS) Pakistan’s cricket chief Ijaz Butt has briefed President Asif Zardari over fears that India will cancel its tour of Pakistan in the wake of last month’s terror attacks in Mumbai, a leading local daily reported Wednesday.Urdu daily Jang reported that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman met Zardari Tuesday and informed him about the crisis-like situation for national cricket.
Zardari is PCB’s chief patron and takes a keen interest in the sport.
According to the newspaper, the PCB chief informed Zardari about the losses the Board will suffer in case India cancelled the tour.
India is scheduled to play three Tests, five One-day Internationals and Twenty20 game beginning Jan 4. However, the visit is in serious doubt because of strained relations between the two neighbours following the Mumbai attacks.
Butt also briefed Zardari about PCB’s plans to generate revenues to overcome a financial crisis, besides apprising him about the Board’s downsizing plans.
- Repairing country's cricket image new PCB chief's top priority - Oct 13, 2011
- Gilani to press for PCB chief Ijaz Butt's dismissal with Zardari - Nov 03, 2010
- PCB chief Butt to skip NA's grilling session - Oct 10, 2010
- Zardari likely to sack PCB chief Ijaz Butt - Apr 25, 2011
- Afridi urges Zardari to save Pakistani cricket - Jun 01, 2011
- PCB rejects cricket veterans' request for India tour - Nov 11, 2010
- 'Shape up or ship out' ultimatum issued to beleaguered PCB boss Butt - Oct 04, 2010
- PCB to name Pak captain for World Cup 2011 on February 4: Ijaz Butt - Feb 01, 2011
- "No plan to change PCB boss as Butt doing 'pretty good job'": Zardari - Nov 09, 2010
- PCB chief Butt to seek Zardari's guidance on management crisis - Oct 15, 2010
- PCB chief to meet ICC officials at Lord's - Jul 18, 2011
- Pakistan parliament panel wants PCB chief out in 24 hours - Oct 11, 2010
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- PCB chief Butt to seek extension for another term - Oct 16, 2010
- Britain's Pakistanis ask Zardari to act against PCB - Aug 09, 2010