PCB appoints Sohail as new Academy chiefNovember 10th, 2008 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Nov 10 (IANS) Pakistan Monday appointed former Test captain Aamer Sohail as the new Director of the National Cricket Academy (NCA).The decision to appoint Sohail at the key post that was vacated by former Test opener Mudassar Nazar was taken at a Governing Board meeting of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in Lahore Monday.
Mudassar had resigned last month from the position after accepting an assignment with the International Cricket Council (ICC) in Dubai.
The PCB appointed former Test pacer Saleem Altaf as the chief operating officer who was initially named as the PCB Director General by the Board chairman Ijaz Butt last month. Altaf replaces Shafqat Naghmi, who was asked to resign by Butt, soon after he took over as the PCB chairman last month.
The third major decision taken by the Governing Board members was the appointment of former Pakistan Test wicket-keeper Wasim Bari as the new Director, Human Resource of the PCB.
Since taking over as the PCB chairman, Butt a former Pakistan Test batsman has been recruiting ex-national cricketers in key positions.
He named former Pakistan Test captain Intikhab Alam as the Pakistan coach, replacing Australia’s Geoff Lawson, who was sacked over below-par performance.
- New PCB appointments: Salim Altaf is new Chief Operating Officer - Nov 11, 2008
- Zardari likely to sack PCB chief Ijaz Butt - Apr 25, 2011
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- PCB appoints Bari as interim COO - Sep 01, 2009
- Pak likely to continue with Intikhab as cricket coach on NZ tour - Dec 02, 2010
- Miandad threatens to quit PCB - Feb 02, 2010
- Whatmore to coach Pakistan's cricket team - Mar 03, 2012
- Sohail challenges Butt for television debate on PCB's financial records - Dec 06, 2009
- Time to introduce reforms in Pakistan cricket: Sohail - Nov 02, 2011
- PCB chief Butt must stop his 'one man show': Sohail - Apr 21, 2010
- PCB sacks chief operating officer Salim Altaf - Sep 01, 2009
- Pakistans Senate committee asks PCB chairman to quit - Feb 09, 2009
- Growing demand for Ijaz Butt's removal as PCB chief - Sep 21, 2011
- Lawson willing to return but wants apology from PCB chief Butt - Feb 12, 2010
- 'No job satisfaction' leads to Sohail's resignation from PCB - Jul 21, 2009