PCA demands greater participation of players for EPLNovember 26th, 2008 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 26 (IANS) Professional Cricketers’ Association (PCA) wants the players to have a greater say in shaping the English Premier League (EPL).The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has set up an internal working party to oversee all aspects of preparation and strategy for the new Twenty20 EPL, which begins in 2010.
But the PCA, which is the representative body of England cricketers, wants to play a bigger role in the formulation of EPL.
“The EPL does represent a benefit and once-in-a-generation opportunity for English cricket,” the PCA’s chief executive, Sean Morris was quoted as saying in the Guardian.
“The successful implementation is pretty key to the structure of our game but not just for 2010 itself, for the long-term. We must use these guys’ (players) experience.”
Essex’s chairman, Nigel Hillyard, is heading the ECB working party on the 20-over project and, though the PCA is not part of the process, the body is doing its own research with some of its members.
The results and subsequent PCA proposals will be offered to the ECB at a later date.
- PCB to co-operate with ECB on Kaneria's role - Feb 18, 2012
- Kaneria not cleared, say ICC and PCB - Feb 20, 2012
- Pakistani, Australian cricket boards form anti-graft unit - Nov 16, 2011
- PCB rejects Kaneria's plea - May 18, 2011
- Flower signs new contract to stay on as England coach - May 03, 2011
- PCB to reply to "pre-action letter" from ECB seeking Butt's 'full apology' - Sep 24, 2010
- Kevin Pietersen retires from ODIs and T20s - May 31, 2012
- ECB to crack down on players "overstepping the mark" on Twitter - Sep 13, 2010
- ICC calls for worldwide life ban on Kaneria, Westfield - Jun 27, 2012
- ECB convicts Kaneria of spot-fixing - Jun 22, 2012
- ECB may sue players'' union over Stanford-related allegations - Feb 23, 2009
- ECB fines Kevin Pietersen for Twitter outburst - May 24, 2012
- English bowler Westfield faces police probe over match-fixing - Apr 11, 2010
- T20 doubleheader against England welcome: Windies cricket chief - Aug 04, 2011
- Kaneria embroiled in Essex 'match fixing' scam - Apr 10, 2010