P.C. Jewellers showroom robbed in ChandigarhJanuary 27th, 2009 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Jan 27 (IANS) In a broad daylight heist Tuesday, six armed robbers, one in a police uniform, looted a showroom of P.C. Jewellers and escaped with jewellery worth over Rs.1.5 million, the police and salespersons said.The robbers carrying guns and sharp-edged weapons entered the showroom of P.C. Jewellers here in Sector-14, according to the police.
One of them was wearing police uniform and pretended as if they were looking for a criminal, the police said.
Four salespersons were in the showroom and all other shops of the market were also open when the robbers barged in.
“We were arranging jewellery in the showroom when all this happened. On entering the premises, one of them fired in the air. It took only three-four minutes for them to commit the dacoity and they again fired in the air after leaving the showroom,” a salesperson told IANS.
“There were two guards at the showroom but the robbers put the gun on their head and committed the crime,” he said.
The police have registered a case against six unidentified men for the heist.
“We have got images of three-four accused through CCTV camera footage. The registration numbers of two cars used in the crime have also been circulated at all checkpoints of the region,” Sandeep Khirwar, superintendent of police, told IANS.
P.C. Jewellers is a chain of jewellery shops in India.
- Chandigarh jewellers asked to install security systems - Jan 23, 2011
- Police grapple with rising crime in Panchkula - Nov 25, 2009
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Rs.100 mn robbery in Chandigarh jewellery store (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- 'Customers' loot jewellery shop in Delhi - May 15, 2011
- Dacoity accused attempts suicide in lock-up - Jan 21, 2011
- Punjab banks, showrooms asked to install CCTV cameras - May 18, 2009
- Two held in Delhi, one in Ghaziabad for Chandigarh heist - Jan 16, 2011
- Two die in failed robbery - Mar 12, 2012
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- After heist, Chandigarh banks told to install police alarms - Jan 13, 2011
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Four held for dacoity - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: 5 million, armed robbers, broad daylight, camera footage, checkpoints, dacoity, daylight heist, edged weapons, four minutes, jewellers, jewellery shops, panchkula, police uniform, premises, registration numbers, rs 1, salesperson, superintendent, two cars, unidentified men