Pay tax arrears, Ahmedabad civic body tells Asaram’s ashramMarch 10th, 2010 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 10 (IANS) The Ahmedabad civic body has slapped a notice on spiritual guru Asaram Bapu’s ashram here for non-payment of property tax and asked it to pay Rs.3.5 lakh by next Wednesday.
“The ashram owes around Rs.3.5 lakh as property tax arrears for the last two years. It has been asked to pay the amount within seven days failing which further action would be taken,” Mayur Dave, chairman of revenue committee of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, said Wednesday.
The spiritual guru has been in news since July 3, 2008 when two children associated with the Ahmedabad ashram went missing and their mutilated bodies were found from the Sabarmati riverbed behind it.
- Asaram Bapu survives chopper crash, probe ordered - Aug 29, 2012
- Asaram ashram encroachment demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Spiritual leader slammed for 'remark' against Sonia - Jun 30, 2011
- Asaram Bapu asked to appear before panel on ashram deaths - May 09, 2011
- Man goes missing from Asaram's ashram - Dec 19, 2009
- God Man Asaram Bapu's hermitage demolished in Gujarat - Nov 27, 2010
- Asaram school death report handed to court - Apr 07, 2010
- Apex court denies relief to Asaram Bapu in murder case - Jan 04, 2010
- Sathya Sai trust asked to pay electricity arrears - Jul 08, 2011
- Congress to bail out former hockey Olympian - Mar 22, 2010
- Hyderabad mall sealed to recover property tax - Mar 02, 2010
- Eunuchs burn effigy of Asaram Bapu - Jan 19, 2010
- Defamation case: Bihar court takes cognizance of Asaram Bapu's role - Apr 22, 2010
- Case against seven Asaram Bapu workers over deaths - Nov 10, 2009
- Apex court denies urgent hearing to Asaram Bapu's bail plea - Dec 17, 2009