PAU to confer honorary degree on Tajikistan presidentAugust 27th, 2012 - 4:43 pm ICT by IANS
Ludhiana, Aug 27 (IANS) The Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) on Sep 4 will confer the degree of ‘Doctor of Science’ (honoris causa) on Tajikistan President Emomalii Rahmon, a senior university official said Monday.
PAU Registrar R.K. Mahey said the honour would be conferred on the Tajikistan president by the university’s chancellor and Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil at a special convocation here.
Rahmon will also visit the PAU campus to review the advanced research in agricultural and related fields undertaken by the university.
Established in 1962, PAU has been at the forefront of providing inputs for the agricultural sector through research and played a significant role in the rise of Punjab through the Green Revolution years.
Punjab is now the biggest contributor of food grains (wheat and rice) to the national kitty despite having only 1.54 percent of the country’s geographical area.
- Punjab gets Borlaug institute of agriculture - Oct 02, 2011
- Jamia to confer honorary degree to UN chief - Apr 25, 2012
- Punjab wheat procurement crosses 125 lakh tonnes - May 18, 2012
- What happened to PM's honorary degree? - Jul 28, 2011
- Punjab wheat procurement crosses 100 lakh tonnes - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU to honour Dalai Lama - Aug 25, 2011
- Badal rejects new minimum price for wheat - Oct 08, 2011
- Tripura varsity confers honorary doctorate on Hasina - Jan 12, 2012
- Declare coastal nuclear sites 'critically vulnerable': Swaminathan - Apr 09, 2011
- Jamia to confer Doctor of Letters degree to Dalai Lama - Nov 22, 2010
- Punjab wants central government to allow wheat export - May 19, 2012
- Badal seeks Rs.500 a quintal bonus on minimum wheat price - Mar 24, 2010
- PM's 'missing' degree: varsity suspends one, orders probe - Jul 30, 2011
- Tripura varsity to confer doctorate on Sheikh Hasina - Dec 21, 2011
- Odisha entrepreneur conferred honorary doctorate in Taiwan - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: agricultural sector, chancellor, contributor, convocation, doctor of science, food grains, forefront, geographical area, green revolution, honorary degree, honour, kitty, punjab agricultural university, science honoris causa, wheat