Patna High Court orders removal of two judicial officersFebruary 6th, 2009 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 6 (IANS) The Patna High Court has held the appointment of two judicial officers under the reserved Scheduled Castes (SC) category as illegal and ordered their removal from the posts.In its judgement, a division bench of the court Thursday said the appointment of judicial officers Manoj Kumar and Sanjeev Kumar through the 26th Bihar Judicial Service Examination was illegal.
The judge held that a Dalit of another state is not entitled to reservation in state to which he has migrated.
The court ordered that the Bihar Public Service Commission should expeditiously appoint the candidates below in the SC category merit list in place of Manoj Kumar and Sanjeev Kumar.
The court order came in response to a petition filed by Baleshwar Prasad Rajak, who sought to be appointed as a civil judge (junior division) under the reserved category in place of either Manoj Kumar or Sanjeev Kumar as they did not fulfil the eligibility criteria.
In his petition, Rajak said that both the judicial officers had been residing in Patna for only the past 10 years and their fathers were permanent residents of Uttar Pradesh. He referred to a government notification that stated that there is a bar on the appointment of reserved category candidates who are not originally from Bihar.
- Court reserves order on MCD polls (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Only parliament can modify reserved communities list: Court - Apr 08, 2012
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- Selection doesn't mean appointment, rules court - May 30, 2011
- Delhi government's power on consumer panel post restricted - Jan 24, 2011
- High court terms rule of law in Patna as 'jungle' - Jan 15, 2011
- BJP legislator's murder: Mother of accused seeks probe in rape charges too - Jan 17, 2011
- Ex-Bihar police chief's illegal assets to be seized - Jul 24, 2012
- Haryana judges told to move high court over promotion - May 17, 2012
- Aspirant cops demand Bihar Govt.'s enquiry in selection process - Dec 20, 2010
- Himachal court summons public service commission chief - Sep 14, 2011
- Jamia to continue with its minority status: High Court - May 18, 2011
- Petitions against Scheduled Caste seats in MCD polls dismissed (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Judicial people should head information panels: SC (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- No OBC reservation in minority institutions: Court - Jun 25, 2012