Patiala peg party ends on wild noteAugust 26th, 2008 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Patiala, Aug 25 (IANS) A party of a lifetime in this Punjab town Monday ended on a wild note when a few tipsy youth, including some girls, clashed with the police after a raid.Most of the youngsters were drunk when the police arrived to sort things out at a hotel on Bhupindra road here. The police intervened when people complained that the youth were getting out of control.
Some of the youngsters, especially the girls, were even thrashed by the police as they continued to create scenes there. One girl was slapped by a police official after she hit him. Other girls were beaten up by policewomen, according to sources.
Police officials said that over 40 boys and girls had gathered for the party. Some of them fled after the police arrived, but those who were completely drunk were rounded up and taken to a government hospital for medical examination.
No arrests were made till late Monday night, the police officials added.
- SRK drunk and abusive? MCA says yes, star says no (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- Seven arrested for youth's murder - Jan 14, 2012
- Pawar attacker sent to 14-day judicial custody - Nov 25, 2011
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- African in coma: Father complains against university - Jul 08, 2012
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Main accused in African student's assault held in Punjab - Jul 10, 2012
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Police they prevented 'holocaust' in Mumbai - Aug 12, 2012
- Class 11 student attacked inside Chandigarh school - Feb 17, 2011
- Tipsy cop kills girl in celebratory firing - Jun 28, 2012
- Elderly woman stabbed to death by robbers - Aug 14, 2012
- Youth arrested for gang rape in Delhi - Aug 29, 2012
- Government school headmaster beaten to death in Bihar - May 21, 2012