Patiala jail superintendent refuses to accept Rajoana’s death warrantMarch 27th, 2012 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 27 (IANS) Despite a Chandigarh court issuing him a contempt notice, the Patiala jail superintendent Tuesday again refused to accept the warrant of death for Babbar Khalsa terrorist Balwant Singh Rajoana.
“The Superintendent of Central Jail, Patiala today (Tuesday) pleaded with the Additional Sessions Judge Chandigarh that he was ‘unable and disabled in law’” to accept warrants of death against Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana and refused to accept the same,” a Punjab government spokesman said Tuesday evening.
The Patiala jail superintendent told the Chnadigarh court that he was approaching “the next higher court for appropriate next step in the case”, the spokesman said.
Rajoana, sentenced to death in the 1995 assassination of then Punjab chief minister Beant Singh, is to hang as scheduled on March 31, the court ruled.
- Rajoana should hang Saturday, rules court - Mar 27, 2012
- Patiala jailor again refuses to accept Rajoana's death warrant (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Rajoana to hang Saturday, rules court (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Punjab jailor wants Sikh terrorist's death warrant deferred - Mar 26, 2012
- Question mark over hanging of BKI terrorist Rajoana (Roundup) - Mar 26, 2012
- Tight security across Punjab ahead of Rajoana hanging - Mar 28, 2012
- SGPC wants president to grant clemency to Sikh terrorist - Mar 26, 2012
- Akali Dal asks Punjab government, SGPC to save Rajoana - Mar 25, 2012
- Punjab shutdown affects life but peaceful (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Shutdown affects Punjab, Rajoana appeals for peace (Third Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Centre stays Rajoana hanging, Punjab leaders welcome it (Roundup) - Mar 28, 2012
- Badal to meet president to seek clemency for Rajoana - Mar 28, 2012
- Rajoana's hanging stayed - Mar 28, 2012
- Shutdown hits Punjab, Rajoana appeals for calm (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Centre stays Rajoana hanging: Badal (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012