Paternity suit against Tiwari: Court gets DNA reportFebruary 15th, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 15 (IANS) A report of the Hyderabad-based Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) Wednesday revealed that Rohit Shekhar, who claims to be the biological son of veteran Congress leader N.D. Tiwari, was not fathered by the man whom his mother married.
Shekhar, his mother Ujjawala Sharma and her legal husband B.P. Sharma’s DNA report was placed before Justice Reva Khetrapal in a sealed cover.
The DNA report said that B.P. Sharma is not the biological father of 31-year-old Shekhar whose DNA profile matched with his mother Ujjawala Sharma.
The court had asked Shekhar, his parents and Tiwari to undergo DNA test. Tiwari did not give blood samples for the test.
The test was ordered in the paternity suit filed by Shekhar against the Congress leader claiming that Tiwari was his biological father.
Justice Khetrapal asked Tiwari’s counsel to file his response by March 30 to the contempt plea of Shekhar for “deliberate disobedience” of its earlier order asking him to provide his blood sample for DNA to decide the paternity suit.
Tiwari had June 1 last year refused to give his blood sample for DNA test, saying he could not be forced to do so.
Shekhar alleged that he was born out of Tiwari’s relationship with his mother.
- DNA test out, N.D. Tiwari is Rohit Shekhar's father (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Tiwari asked to furnish blood sample on Saturday (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Court dismisses Tiwari's plea to keep DNA report confidential - Jul 20, 2012
- Tiwari restrained from leaving India until DNA test - May 14, 2012
- Court official seeks details ahead of DNA test on Tiwari - Apr 04, 2011
- N.D. Tiwari is Shekhar's biological father, rules court (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Court orders Tiwari to undergo paternity test - Dec 23, 2010
- N.D. Tiwari gets contempt of court notice - Sep 27, 2011
- Keep DNA report confidential, N.D. Tiwari tells court - Jul 18, 2012
- Paternity suit: Court allows use of force against Tiwari (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Tiwari moves court to keep his DNA test report confidential - Jul 26, 2012
- Paternity case: ND Tiwari to provide blood sample for DNA test - May 31, 2011
- Tiwari told to begin DNA test process April 4 - Mar 14, 2011
- Paternity suit: N.D. Tiwari to give blood sample June 1 - May 10, 2011
- Court rejects Tiwari's plea on fine - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: biological father, biological son, blood sample, blood samples, cdfd, congress leader, contempt plea, dna profile, dna report, dna test, New Delhi, parents, relationship, report said that, reva, shekhar, veteran