Patel lays foundation of greenfield airport in SikkimFebruary 28th, 2009 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 28 (IANS) Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel Saturday laid the foundation of a new greenfield airport at Pakyong in Sikkim and an airport terminal building at Dibrugarh in Assam.
The minister, who began his tour to launch airport modernisation projects across the country Feb 20, has so far laid the foundation of nine airport terminal buildings and also inaugurated a swanky departure terminal at the Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport in Delhi.
Patel has also launched modernisation projects at five cities - Mumbai, Indore, Bhopal, Raipur and Ranchi.
This was followed by opening up new integrated terminals Feb 21 at Vishakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu. He flew the same day to Goa to lay the foundation stone for the new integrated terminal.
On Feb 25, Patel inaugurated the new integrated terminal buildings at the Amritsar International Airport, Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun and Jaipur International Airport.
The minister flew in to Gujarat Feb 26 to lay the foundation of new terminals at the Vadodara and Surat airports.
- Patel lays foundation of new terminal at Surat airport - Feb 27, 2009
- Minister keeps up spree of laying airport foundation stones - Feb 26, 2009
- After 10 years, India will have 400 airports: Minister - Feb 21, 2009
- Aviation sector sees unprecedented growth: PM - Feb 12, 2011
- New terminal at Lucknow airport opens June 2 - May 31, 2012
- Antony to commission modernised Goa Shipyard Saturday - May 19, 2011
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike - Apr 13, 2012
- Operations at IGI airport normal after aerobridge operators' strike (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- PM lays foundation stone for Tirupati international airport - Sep 01, 2010
- New terminal in Lucknow airport inaugurated - May 19, 2012
- Delhi airport's terminal 3 to be ready by July - Jun 04, 2010
- Kerala wants PM to inaugurate airport terminal, not Ravi - Jul 01, 2010
- Aviation ministry gets new face at helm - Jan 19, 2011
- Delhi airport gears to tackle foggy winter - Dec 20, 2011
- Airport Metro starts cloak-room service - Feb 28, 2012