Paswan demands CBI probe into uterus scamAugust 26th, 2012 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 26 (IANS) Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan Sunday demanded a CBI probe into the alleged removal of uteruses of over 16,000 below poverty line women to swindle them of their health insurance money provided under a central government scheme.
Paswan also said that a delegation of leaders of the opposition parties will meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh soon in this connection.
“It is a big health scam in Bihar, LJP demands a CBI probe into it. If CBI can probe bungling in a health scheme in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh why can’t it probe the uterus scam,” Paswan told reporters here.
Janata Dal-United-led state government was responsible for the scam in which uteruses of poor women were removed at private hospitals to swindle them of their health benefits across Bihar, he said, pitching for an enquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
“The state government should provide a compensation of Rs. 5 lakh to all the victims of the uterus scam,” he said.
Most of the uterus of women were removed at private hospitals or nursing homes to claim insurance amount of Rs. 30,000 per patient under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna, he said.
Private hospitals have claimed up to Rs.10 crore under the scheme in the last one year in Begusarai and Rs.12 crore in Samastipur district. “Officials in other districts are yet to disclose the figure,” he said.
- Bihar assembly committee to probe 'health scam' - Aug 09, 2012
- Uterus removal case: Notice to hospitals, nursing homes - Aug 29, 2012
- Bihar cancels nursing home licences after uterus scam - Sep 13, 2012
- NHRC notice to Chhattisgarh on rampant uterus-removal surgeries - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal to provide free medicines to poor - Nov 17, 2010
- Private doctors on warpath in uterus removal scam - Aug 06, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh to spend more on health - Mar 21, 2012
- Spread awareness on health schemes: Dikshit - Jun 30, 2012
- Now, workers in unorganised sector under health insurance scheme - Jan 12, 2012
- Chhattisgarh doctors questioned on womb removals - Jul 23, 2012
- Over 14.5 million covered under social security programme - Nov 29, 2010
- 12th Five Year Plan to focus on health: PM - Aug 15, 2011
- Max Bupa bids for state health insurance in three states - Oct 18, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh woos Max, Fortis, Rockland, Apollo to run its hospitals - May 12, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh villagers unaware of 'Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna' - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,