Passport officers’ meet to kick off TuesdayNovember 27th, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 27 (IANS) External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna will Tuesday open a two-day conference of passport officers from all over the country that aims at streamlining the process to enable faster processing of travel documents.
Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai will also address the conference, which enables an exchange of views and experiences among the passport officers. It’s also an occasion for senior officials of the external affairs ministry to update passport officers on the latest policy developments.
The conference will also focus on the implementation of Mission Mode Project (MMP), called Passport Seva Project, under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) of the Indian government. A target has been set to establish 77 Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) all over India. As of today, 30 PSKs are functional all over India.
With the government fast-tracking the passport issuance process through innovative e-technologies, long, serpentine queues in front of the passport offices are going to increasingly become a thing of the past.
- Krishna calls for fast-tracking passport delivery - Nov 29, 2011
- Cabinet approves modernisation plan for immigration services - May 13, 2010
- A passport in three days? New project to roll out soon - Jun 07, 2011
- Don't worry, passport office at ITO by mid-January - Dec 23, 2011
- 16 rural passport centres proposed - Aug 21, 2012
- Krishna opens new ITO passport office in Delhi - Feb 23, 2012
- Passport offices to remain open this weekend - Jun 22, 2012
- Weekend passport melas in 7 cities (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pilot passport project to start in Bangalore Friday - May 26, 2010
- Cabinet nod for e-visa, immigration project (Lead) - May 13, 2010
- Apex committee on National E-Governance Plan to meet today - Jul 16, 2010
- Krishna launches Passport Seva Project in Bangalore (Lead) - May 28, 2010
- E-passport to revolutionise passport services in the country - May 27, 2010
- Cabinet's nod to e-visa, immigration project - May 13, 2010
- 13 Passport Seva Kendras launched in Kerala - Apr 02, 2012