Passer-by injured as student opens fireJuly 16th, 2008 - 12:45 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 15 (IANS) A man sustained injuries after a student fired at fellow students following a minor altercation at Dasna in Ghaziabad Tuesday night, police said. According to Ghaziabad police circle officer Kalyan Singh, five students of the Institute of Management Institute (IMS), run by Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naresh Agrawal, were on an outing in their two cars.
At a petrol pump on the National Highway 24, some of them had a heated argument over their girl friends and a student fired a shot from his pistol on the other group. The bullet hit a passer-by in his stomach.
The injured, identified as Mansoor Ali, was rushed to the Shivam Hospital where his condition was said to be stable.
A criminal case was registered against the students who were absconding, said the police officer.
- Five management students booked in firing incident - Jul 16, 2008
- Two students shot dead in Meerut - Jun 12, 2012
- BSP workers protest over statue vandalisation - Jul 26, 2012
- MBA student set ablaze by spurned 'lover' - Apr 05, 2012
- UP Police baton charge BJP activists in Ghaziabad, Kanpur - Mar 29, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh minister named in attempt to murder case - Jun 02, 2011
- Bihar BJP legislator arrested for killing employee - Jul 23, 2012
- Girl dies in celebratory firing - Jun 19, 2012
- Police beat up Samajavadi party activists in Bijnor - Mar 08, 2011
- Three schoolboys injured as bus hits scooty - Apr 28, 2011
- BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Rape attempt: Uttar Pradesh legislator's two brothers held - Jun 25, 2011
- Pakistani on way to funeral killed - Mar 02, 2012
- Power, water shortages bring misery to Ghaziabad - Jun 06, 2012
- Ghaziabad councillor found murdered - Jul 22, 2011