Passenger train collides with goods train in Uttar PradeshNovember 28th, 2008 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 28 (IANS) Amritsar bound Jansewa Express train collided with a goods train in Uttar Pradesh’s Bareilly district as the passenger train driver “overshot” a red signal while the other train was changing tracks. There were no casualties, an official said Friday.”The accident took place near the Chanheti station in Bareilly as the driver of the Jansewa Express 5609 `overshot’ the red signal after which the train hit sideways with the goods train that was changing tracks,” government railway police (GRP) circle officer Alok Shrama told IANS by phone.
The trains were moving at a speed of about 12 km per hour, he added.
Six coaches of the Jansewa Express and five wagons of the goods train were derailed, disrupting train traffic, officials said.
Bareilly is some 250-km from here.
According to railway officials, none of the passengers of the Jansewa Express were injured.
The passengers were transferred to another Amritsar bound train. An inquiry has been initiated, officials added.
- Train hits two trucks, one dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- Alert train driver prevents tragedy - Aug 06, 2011
- Major train collision averted in West Bengal (Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
- Railways suspend seven for train tragedy - May 27, 2012
- Train accident averted in West Bengal - Aug 22, 2010
- Goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 08, 2010
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 05, 2010
- 3 killed, 50 injured when trains collide near Karachi - Sep 17, 2012
- Erring driver or faulty signal - what caused train tragedy? - Jul 19, 2010
- Two trains looted in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2010
- Train driver may be to blame for accident - Sep 20, 2010
- Three crushed to death by train - Aug 08, 2011
- Beaten on train, French national dies in Haryana - May 03, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Two railway officials crushed by train - Oct 20, 2011