Partymen hold Jogi responsible for Chhattisgarh poll debacleJanuary 18th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 18 (IANS) Several Congress leaders have targetted party leader Ajit Jogi for his alleged role in the defeat of candidates during the recent Chhattisgarh assembly elections.At a meeting to review the probable causes of Congress’ failure in the November elections, several party candidates accused Jogi for their defeat. The meeting was held Saturday and was presided over by Congress general secretary and in-charge of Chhattisgarh state V. Narayanasamy.
Blaming Jogi for her defeat, Ganga Potai said: “Jogi neither campaigned for me in the election nor did he try to persuade his staunch supporter Manoj Mandawi to pull out from the contest who fought the seat as an independent candidate and handed over the seat to the BJP.”
Potai contested the Bhanupratappur seat of Kanker district in Bastar region.
Jogi’s alleged role in the defeat of several party candidates was voiced at the meeting and Narayanasamy assured that their concerns will be put through to party president Sonia Gandhi, a source said.
State president Dhanendra Sahu, working president Satyanarayan Sharma, leader of the opposition Mahendra Karma and deputy leader of the opposition Bhupesh Baghel are all bracketed as Jogi critics, the source added.
Lack of unity was also stated as one of the many reasons for the Congress party’s failure in the November 2008 state assembly polls.
- Jogi under attack from partymen for Chhattisgarh poll debacle (Lead) - Jan 18, 2009
- Factionalism widens in Chhattisgarh Congress after bypoll loss - Feb 19, 2011
- Congress's Chhattisgarh assembly poll losers want Lok Sabha tickets - Feb 09, 2009
- Salwa Judum hero, several Congress veterans lose in Chhattisgarh - Dec 08, 2008
- Congress sees no Lok Sabha hope in Chhattisgarh minus Jogi - Mar 08, 2009
- Congress to review poll debacle in Chhattisgarh - Jun 17, 2009
- Congress factions in Chhattisgarh unite against Jogi - Dec 16, 2008
- Ajit Jogi waits to use robotic legs - Mar 09, 2012
- BJP retains Chhattisgarh assembly seat, Congress admits setback (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Hectic lobbying on for new Chhattisgarh Congress chief - Mar 21, 2011
- BJP, Congress claim victory ahead of Chhattisgarh by-poll results - Oct 03, 2010
- Vajpayee's niece, Jogi's wife lose in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Sixth straight victory from Raipur for BJP's Bais - May 16, 2009
- Congress, BJP battle it out for lone Chhattisgarh seat - Nov 06, 2009
- Congress moves court against Chhattisgarh CM - Jul 20, 2012