Parliamentarians pay floral tributes to NetajiJanuary 23rd, 2009 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee, leader of the house Pranab Mukherjee and opposition leader L.K. Advani led parliamentarians in paying floral tributes to freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 112th birth anniversary Friday.Rajya Sabha Secretary-General V.K. Agnihotri and senior officers from the Lok Sabha secretariat also participated in the function, said a release issued by the Lok Sabha Secretariat.
A booklet containing the profile of Netaji, brought out in Hindi and English by the Lok Sabha Secretariat, was presented to the dignitaries.
Netaji is believed to have died in an air crash in August 1945.
A portrait of Netaji was unveiled by the then president of India N. Sanjiva Reddy in the Central Hall of Parliament House on Jan 23, 1978.
- Amend booklet mentioning Netaji's death: Forward Bloc - Oct 16, 2011
- MPs pay tribute to Neelam Sanjiva Reddy - May 19, 2012
- Forward Bloc demands special observance of Netaji's birth anniversary - Nov 19, 2011
- Dadabhai Naoroji remembered on his 185th birth anniversary - Sep 04, 2010
- MPs pay tribute to Netaji on birth anniversary - Jan 23, 2010
- Netaji's birth anniversary celebrated across West Bengal - Jan 23, 2011
- Parliament remembers Tagore - May 08, 2012
- PM leads nation in paying floral tribute to Nehru - Nov 14, 2009
- Prime Minister pays tribute to Sardar Patel on 135th birth anniversary - Oct 31, 2010
- Nation must accept Netaji's death: Biographer (Interview) - Jul 24, 2011
- Will seek celebration of Netaji's birthday as Deshprem Divas: Narayanan - Jan 23, 2011
- Basu's birth anniversary celebrated across Bengal - Jul 08, 2011
- Last day of session: parliament disrupted again - Sep 07, 2012
- Lok Sabha Speaker heads MPs team to South American nations - Jan 14, 2012
- Orissa MP booked for assaulting cop - Jan 24, 2011