Parliament accepted your demands, PM tells AnnaAugust 28th, 2011 - 12:06 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 27 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Saturday told Anna Hazare that parliament had accepted the three points raised by him on the Lokpal issue.
The prime minister also expressed hope that in the light of the parliament resolution, Anna would end his hunger strike without any delay and regain his health.
Union Science and Technology Vilasrao Deshmukh read out the prime minister’s letter to Anna at Ramlila Maidan amid a cheering crowd.
In his letter, the prime minister said: “As you know, the parliament discussed the issues related to Lokpal. You will be happy to know that both houses of parliament passed a resolution on the three points raised by you.”
The letter further said that according to the resolution, the parliament is unanimous in principle on the citizen’s charter, bringing lower bureaucracy under Lokpal through appropriate mechanism and setting up Lokayuktas in states.
The prime minister’s letter said the parliament also resolved that the “sense of the house” would be sent to the standing committee concerned so it is able to examine it while making its recommendations.
- Triumphant Anna to end fast after parliament debate - Aug 28, 2011
- Deshmukh conveys parliament's decision to Hazare - Aug 27, 2011
- Jubiliation in Maharashtra over Anna's victory (Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- Hazare stares at victory, government bends over Lokpal - Aug 25, 2011
- Quotable quotes on Lokpal - Dec 11, 2011
- Government's intentions on Lokpal dishonest: Hazare (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Anna wins first round, but some worrying signs remain - Aug 28, 2011
- Anna breaks fast after 288 hours, common man triumphs - Aug 28, 2011
- Voice vote on Anna demand at 8 p.m. - Aug 27, 2011
- Lokpal debate in parliament Saturday; Anna firm on key demands (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2011
- Government agrees to Team Anna's conditions: Deshmukh - Aug 25, 2011
- Anna ends fast, celebrations across the country (Intro Roundup) - Aug 28, 2011
- Hazare to end fast Sunday, says only half battle won (Lead) - Aug 27, 2011
- Committed to effective Lokpal based on political consensus: PM (Second Lead) - Dec 14, 2011
- Team Anna visits parties to garner support - Aug 26, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, bureaucracy, charter, cheering crowd, citizen, health union, houses of parliament, hunger strike, maidan, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, parliament, parliament resolution, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, principle, science and technology, standing committee