Parking row turns ugly in Delhi, car torchedAugust 11th, 2008 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) Two neighbours’ arguments over parking space took a violent turn when gun shots were fired in the air and a car was set on fire in east Delhi, the police said Monday. Three people, identified as Chiranjeevi, Dharamveer and Jaiveer, suffered minor injuries in the clash in Shakarpur area late Sunday.
The police said the quarrel started in the afternoon when Sonu, a student of chartered accountancy, had an argument with his neighbour Bittu over parking space. Soon, they both called their relatives and friends and a clash broke out between them.
Bittu reportedly fired a few gun shots in the air but no one was injured.
The police arrested Bittu and his friend Anuj for hurting Sonu’s friends Chiranjeevi, Dharamveer and Jaiveer.
But late in the night Bittu’s mother made a police call and said Sonu and his friends had set their Hyundai Accent car on fire.
The police said they were investigating who set the car ablaze and no more arrests were made yet.
“We have registered a case and search is on to nab Bittu’s other accomplices involved in the brawl. We would make more arrests once it is verified who has actually set the car on fire,” said a police official.
- Man shot over parking space - May 21, 2012
- Depressed businessman commits suicide - Dec 15, 2011
- Builder's guard held for firing on parking issue - Jan 22, 2012
- East Delhi situation under control, 22 detained (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Delhi Police ASI shoots colleague over throwing of garbage (Second lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- One killed in road rage in Delhi - Aug 21, 2010
- Journalist held for road rage shooting - Nov 30, 2011
- Brothers killed, parents injured over parking brawl - May 30, 2012
- 12 injured in Pakistan varsity clash - Feb 27, 2012
- Cop's son kills mother - May 02, 2012
- Two arrested for firing in air in Delhi - Dec 27, 2010
- Pedestrian stabbed for shouting at rash driver - Nov 26, 2011
- Businessman's guard arrested for opening fire - Nov 17, 2011
- Racism not ruled out in Indian student's killing - Dec 30, 2011
- One dead, many injured in Delhi violence (Roundup) - Sep 03, 2012