Paris Hilton arrested for possesion of cocaine in Las VegasAugust 28th, 2010 - 8:54 pm ICT by BNO News
LAS VEGAS (BNO NEWS) – Paris Hilton on Friday was arrested for possession of cocaine in Las Vegas, Nevada when the vehicle she was a passenger in was pulled over outside the Wynn Hotel, TMZ reported on Saturday.
Hilton was stopped by Las Vegas police when they stopped a car in which she was a passenger, officers found suspicious powder in the car which later proved to be cocaine. She was booked into the county jail before being charged and released on her own recognizance, meaning she promises to appear in court but did not have to pay bail.
“Officers noticed a vehicle leaking [a] smoke trail of a controlled substance [and] made a stop based on that,” a police spokesperson said. She was taken to the Clark County Detention Center and charged. The driver was arrested for a drug-related DUI.
There has been no comment from Hilton’s management team. She was briefly arrested in July by South African police who believed she was smoking marijuana, and she was later released without charge. Additionally, she served time in prison for driving while under the influence of alcohol in 2007.
- Paris Hilton And Beau Cy Waits Arrested - Aug 29, 2010
- Paris Hilton arrested on cocaine charge - Aug 28, 2010
- Paris Hilton to face drug possession charges after Las Vegas cocaine incident - Aug 31, 2010
- Hilton's beau fired from nightclub over arrest - Aug 30, 2010
- Paris Hilton pleads guilty to cocaine possession - Sep 20, 2010
- No special treatment for Hilton, say police - Aug 31, 2010
- Paris Hilton debarred from two Las Vegas resorts - Sep 02, 2010
- Hilton arrested for cocaine possession - Aug 29, 2010
- Paris Hilton 'thought the cocaine in her purse was 'gum' - Aug 31, 2010
- Paris Hilton to be charged with drug felony - Aug 31, 2010
- Paris Hilton Detained On The Accusation Of Cocaine Possession - Aug 28, 2010
- Guilty Paris Hilton avoids prison, gets 1-yr suspended sentence - Sep 21, 2010
- Paris Hilton gets one year probation - Sep 21, 2010
- Paris Hilton Banned From Nightclubs? - Sep 02, 2010
- Hilton's boyfriend Waits faces four years in jail - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: alcohol, bno, clark county detention, clark county detention center, controlled substance, county detention center, county jail, las vegas, management team, paris hilton, police spokesperson, possesion of cocaine, possession of cocaine, smoke trail, smoking marijuana, south african police, tmz, vegas nevada, wynn hotel