Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikesApril 29th, 2011 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 29 (IANS) Parents across the country would Saturday participate in protest rallies to press their demand for a central law to regulate fee hikes in private schools, an organiser said.
In Delhi, the protest rally will be held at Jantar Mantar between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m, he said Friday.
Under the banner of All India Parents Association (AIPA), the parents would stage coordinated protests across the country against exploitation by private schools and the official apathy towards state-run schools.
“We want enactment of a central law to regulate fees in unaided private schools. We will hold a peaceful protest at Jantar Mantar on our demands,” said AIPA president Ashok Agarwal.
- Parents to protest arbitrary fee hike in private schools - Apr 22, 2011
- Protest against fee hike in private schools - Oct 09, 2011
- Parents Association writes to Sonia Gandhi for regulating school fees - Jul 31, 2010
- Delhi panel gives report to court on school fees hike - Aug 23, 2012
- Panel wants 64 schools to refund excess fee - Sep 01, 2012
- Parents criticise Sibal's private school fees remarks - Feb 20, 2010
- Notice to Delhi government on panel to examine school fee hike - Sep 02, 2011
- NDA shutdown against petrol hike Thursday - May 30, 2012
- Jantar Mantar: The epicentre of India's crusades - Apr 08, 2011
- Sunday rally to seek support for Lokpal Bill - Apr 30, 2011
- Students, parents agitate at Lt-Govenor's house over fee hike - Apr 19, 2009
- BJP announces stir for farmers - Jul 26, 2012
- Delhi issues notice to schools on fees hike - Mar 18, 2011
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011