Parents threaten stir against hiked school feesApril 11th, 2009 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, April 11 (IANS) Parents across Uttar Pradesh will launch an agitation against private schools if they do not roll back their fee hikes within seven days, it was announced here Saturdday.
“We are all set to launch a campaign all over the state against the management of private schools on the fee hike issue,” UP Parents’ Welfare Association (UPPWA) president P.K. Srivastava told reporters here, adding the organisation had convened a meeting Sunday to decide their strategy for the statewide campaign.
“If our demand is not met within seven days, we will take to the streets across the state,” said Srivastava.
According to the UPPWA, the schools have raised the fees for the academic session 2009-10 by 15-20 percent, with some schools even raising the fees by around 30 percent. The pretext for the hike was the enhanced salary to be paid to teachers under the Sixth Pay Commission’s recommendations, said Srivastava.
UPPWA members have also decided to hand over a memorandum to Chief Minister Mayawati, seeking her intervention in the issue.
Last month, nearly 150 parents were arrested in Kanpur district for protesting the fee hike in a private school there.
- Parents to protest against unfair school fee hikes - Apr 29, 2011
- Parents to protest arbitrary fee hike in private schools - Apr 22, 2011
- Panel wants 64 schools to refund excess fee - Sep 01, 2012
- Protest against fee hike in private schools - Oct 09, 2011
- Panel in week to examine school fee hike: Court told - Sep 09, 2011
- Panel on school fee hike to start work from Dec 26 - Dec 23, 2011
- Panel constituted to examine school fee hike - Sep 25, 2011
- 150 parents protesting school fee hike arrested - Mar 26, 2009
- Delhi issues notice to schools on fees hike - Mar 18, 2011
- Delhi panel gives report to court on school fees hike - Aug 23, 2012
- 25 Delhi schools indicted for lapses in accounts - Mar 17, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government on panel to examine school fee hike - Sep 02, 2011
- IITs agree to a compromise, but retain hold on test (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Parents Association writes to Sonia Gandhi for regulating school fees - Jul 31, 2010
- Chhattisgarh asks schools to honour RTE Act - Feb 15, 2012