Parents seek CBI enquiry into murder, rape of daughterOctober 29th, 2010 - 11:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 29 (IANS) Parents of a school girl who died after being sexually assaulted in Uttar Pradesh met Governor B.L. Joshi here Friday and sought a CBI enquiry into the rape and murder of their daughter.
“The governor promised to extend all possible help. We told him that the case must be probed by CBI, who alone can nab the real culprits involved in the murder and rape,” the girl’s distraught mother Sonu Singh Bhadoria told reporters here.
“I urged the governor for a CBI enquiry as I believe it would be an impartial one and not of the kind being carried out by the Uttar Pradesh Police,” she said.
The girl, a Class 6 student of Bharti Gyan Sthali, died Sep 27 after being subjected to physical assault, including sodomy and rape, and torture in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow.
At present, the Crime Branch-Criminal Investigation Department (CB-CID) of Uttar Pradesh Police is probing the matter.
The probe from Kanpur district police was handed over to CB-CID Oct 23 after the girl’s parents alleged they had no faith in the district police, who they said were shielding the real culprits.
The parents allege that the manager of the school and his two sons were the rapists and killers but the police had falsely implicated a young man in the murder and rape of their daughter.
On Oct 23, Director General of Police Karamveer Singh declared that Munna, a worker at the Bharti Gyansthali School owner Chandrapal Verma, had confessed to the crime and was under arrest along with the owner and his son Piyush Verma.
When a journalist cited the widely alleged direct involvement of the owner’s son, the officer remarked: “Well, the owner and his son were found guilty of negligence in not taking adequate care of the little girl after she was discovered in a semi-conscious state on the school campus.
“Instead of making arrangements to hospitalise the victim, the school owner and his son simply put her on a rickshaw.”
- Crime Branch to probe Kanpur schoolgirl's rape - Oct 23, 2010
- Police identify rapist of minor girl - Dec 31, 2010
- Relatives of jailed MLA ask Mayawati to intervene in Banda rape case - Jan 24, 2011
- Controversial cop named for medal, locals protest - Jan 26, 2011
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011
- Probe ordered into youth's death in Mathura - Nov 02, 2011
- 28 Uttar Pradesh cops booked for staged gunfight - Apr 12, 2011
- Schoolgirl dies, mother alleges rape in school - Sep 27, 2010
- Police baton charge Kanpur protesters, 10 hurt - Oct 13, 2010
- A man and his motley troupe perform for justice (Feature) - Jul 31, 2011
- 15 policemen booked for fake gunfight - Jul 01, 2010
- BSP MLA arrested in Dalit girl rape case - Jan 13, 2011
- Kheri rape: Doctors charged with fudging autopsy - Jul 12, 2011
- Crime Branch starts probe into boy's killing - Jul 04, 2011
- BSP Govt. taking Banda rape case 'very seriously': Mayawati - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: adequate care, cbi, conscious state, crime branch, criminal investigation department, culprits, died sep, director general, distraught mother, district police, enquiry, joshi, murder rape, physical assault, rape and torture, rapists, rickshaw, school girl, sodomy, uttar pradesh police