Parents pay ‘ransom’ to get back runaway girlFebruary 15th, 2008 - 10:24 pm ICT by admin
Jalandhar, Feb 15 (IANS) A girl, who had eloped with her boyfriend from Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh, was restored to her parents Friday after “ransom” was paid to the friends of the boy. The police Friday registered a case against three youths - Amit Kalra, Gagan and Pawan - for taking ransom of Rs.100,000 from the parents of the girl. The trio had demanded Rs.200,000 for her release but settled for the lesser amount.
According to police officials, the girl had eloped with her boyfriend Mangal. She even took Rs.140,000 and gold ornaments from her house. The police at Aligarh have registered a case of kidnapping against Mangal.
Fearing his arrest, Mangal handed over the girl to his friend Amit, who hatched a conspiracy to get money out of her family. The girl’s parents paid the ransom to get custody of their daughter.
- Kolkata girl raped in Patna - Apr 14, 2011
- Suspended cop held for plot to kill wife - Sep 06, 2011
- Three arrested for abducting, killing Amity student (Second Lead) - Mar 25, 2010
- Parents of pregnant Malaysian teens resort to blackmailing boyfriends - Jan 11, 2011
- Youth murdered by ex-lover's father - Jan 26, 2012
- Teenager kidnapped, killed for Rs.50,000 - Apr 01, 2012
- Bollywood actress's headless body found in Allahabad septic tank - Apr 18, 2012
- Man arrested for killing sister, boyfriend - Aug 13, 2012
- Parents chop off girl's nose over her love marriage - Apr 22, 2011
- Man hires friends to kill sister - Jun 08, 2011
- Man kidnaps friend for Rs.1.5 crore ransom, held - Aug 17, 2012
- High court does not allow minor to live with boyfriend - Feb 10, 2012
- Boy elopes with girl, khap orders attack on kin - Aug 23, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012