Parents kill three kids, themselves over property disputeSeptember 14th, 2012 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Yamunanagar (Haryana), Sep 14 (IANS) A couple committed suicide by jumping before a train at the Gandhi Nagar railway crossing here, clutching three children close.
Police officials recovered a suicide note left by Paramjit Singh and his wife Narinder Kaur, both in their early 40s. The note said that the family had frequent quarrels with Paramjit’s elder brother over the house they lived in. In a bid to end the quarrels once and for all, the couple committed suicide, taking with them also their children, aged 13, nine and eight.
Holding the children, sons Pritpal and Harjinder and daughter Kritpal close to their chests, the couple committed suicide Wednesday evening.
Just before taking their lives, the couple went to a gurdwara for a final prayer, and also bought the children snacks of their choice, according to police.
In the suicide note, the couple wrote that they were fed up with daily squabbles over the house they lived in at Chandpur Colony, Yamnunanagar, 80 km from Chandigarh.
The couple held Paramjit’s elder brother and his wife responsible for the squabbling, and feared that they would be thrown out of the house.
Neighbours told the police that the family had been tense, and that quarrels were frequent.
Police officials said that the couple had initially decided to take their own lives and spare the children, but realised that in their absence the children would be left uncared for. Only recently, Paramjit had bought a van to ferry schoolchildren.
Following the suicides, Haryana Police booked Paramjit’s father Baldev Singh, mother Gurcharan Kaur, elder brother Charanjit and his wife Paramjit Kaur for abetment to suicide.
The complaint was filed by Narinder Kaur’s mother, Amarjit Kaur.
- Haryana hotelier, family missing in Japan - Mar 15, 2011
- Missing Haryana hotelier, family safe in Japan (Lead) - Mar 15, 2011
- Family quarrels lead to killings, attempted murder in Maharashtra - Jun 29, 2012
- Couple kills children, commits suicide - Jun 02, 2011
- Girl commits suicide after spat over food - Jun 27, 2011
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Man commits suicide in Ghaziabad - Jun 12, 2010
- Drunken son kills mother - Feb 05, 2011
- Punjab Police yet to nab father in honour killing case - Aug 20, 2010
Tags: amarjit kaur, baldev, chandigarh, committed suicide, elder brother, final prayer, gandhi nagar, gurdwara, harjinder, narinder kaur, neighbours, paramjit singh, police officials, property dispute, quarrels, schoolchildren, squabbles, suicide note, three kids, wednesday evening