Parents kill son, wifeDecember 22nd, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by IANS
Ferozepur, Dec 22 (IANS) A couple killed their son and daughter-in-law here last week due to strained relationship, Punjab Police said Wednesday. While the husband was arrested, the woman is on the run. Manjit Kaur and Karj Singh, residents of Zira sub-division in Ferozepur district, committed the murders Friday, police said. Karj was arrested Saturday.
“The couple gave sedatives to their son Sukhdev Singh and his wife Mandeep Kaur, both in early 20s. Then they strangulated them and threw their bodies in a canal,” a police official told IANS.
Sukhdev, a Jat Sikh, was a drug addict. He had married a Dalit girl against the wishes of his parents, the officer added.
“Karj Singh broke down during interrogation and admitted his crime. Manjit is absconding,” Ferozepur police chief Kastubh Sharma said.
- Honour killing: 25-year old man killed in Punjab - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman killed in Punjab for bearing daughters - Apr 17, 2012
- Third accused held for murder of five-year-old - May 02, 2011
- Dowry death: Four booked in Punjab - Jul 01, 2011
- Surjeet met by children, to meet wife later - Jun 28, 2012
- Khushpreet murder case cracked, neighbours held - Mar 22, 2011
- Punjab Police yet to nab father in honour killing case - Aug 20, 2010
- Woman posing as Dubai ruler's daughter held - Jul 15, 2010
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Teen cousins killed for honour; grandmother, uncles arrested - Jun 27, 2010
- Three held for stealing vehicles after drugging drivers - Mar 09, 2011
- British team in Punjab to probe murder case - Sep 17, 2010
- Mirchpur violence: Jat conclave demands fresh CBI probe (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Suspected 'honour killing', three held (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Punjab Congress leader held for immoral activities - Jun 10, 2012