Paralysed man kills wife and sonFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3 (IANS) A 30-year-old man, paralysed waist down, murdered his wife and five-year-old son as he suspected that his wife had married again, police said Friday.
The accused, Nitin Maini, called police around 2 a.m. Thursday claiming that he had murdered his wife and son at his house in west Delhi’s Rohini Sec-22, Pocket-11.
On reaching the spot, police found the bodies of Sweta, 25, and Garva.
“Maini has been arrested and is being questioned,” a senior police official told IANS.
In his statement to the police, Maini said he strangulated Sweta and then smothered his son with a pillow.
He told police that his wife had an illicit relationship with a man, whom his wife married on Jan 4.
Police said though Sweta had married another person, she was living with Maini. The couple even celebrated their sixth wedding anniversary Thursday. Maini learnt about the marriage when his wife got a call from her ’second’ husband. He apparently heard the conversation and got furious. After the celebrations ended, he reportedly killed them, police said.
“Asked about the reason for killing his son, Maini said he killed him because he was paralyzed and was not able to take proper care of his son,” Assistant Commissioner of Police Jasmit Singh said.
Maini, who worked as an interior designer, had met with an accident three years ago and was left paralyzed waist down.
He lives with his parents and two brothers, Shivam and Rohit, in the same house.
“Maini’s family members told police that they came to know about the double murder when police reached their house,” the official said.
His family members also alleged that Sweta’s father was forcing her to remarry after Maini got paralyzed.
Neighbours informed the police that Maini’s family members wanted Sweta to marry his younger brother.
However, Sweta’s father, Dinesh Verma said that Maini had received Rs.21 lakh from an insurance company after his paralysis and had deposited the money in the name of his wife and son.
“This is the main reason for the murder of my daughter and my grandson. The whole family planned to kill her,” alleged Verma.
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Family found murdered in Delhi - Sep 21, 2012
- Man kills daughter's lover for family honour in Bijnor - Feb 19, 2011
- Couple held for killing scientist's son (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- Husband arrested for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Husband held for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- One held for killing woman in front of her son - Sep 12, 2012
- Man kills wife over domestic spat - May 18, 2011
- Jaipal Reddy's niece murdered, say cops, arrest husband - Jun 22, 2011
- Woman's mother, grandfather held for 'honour killing' - Mar 19, 2011
- Twin murder: Couple held for hiring contract killers - Jun 19, 2011
- Spurned lover kills four, self (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Father, son arrested for four murders - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,