Paraglider killed in HimachalJuly 10th, 2012 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 9 (IANS) A tourist from Punjab was killed Monday while paragliding in Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district, police said.
The paraglider has been identified as Manvinder Singh, resident of Amritsar.
Superintendent of Police Kuldeep Sharma told IANS that Singh died while his paraglider was overturned due to strong thermals.
“We have registered a case against the trainer as paragliding is not allowed around Khajjiar as it falls in the wildlife sanctuary,” he said.
Singh had come to Khajjiar, some 450 km from Shimla, with his family.
- 10 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- 11 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident - May 16, 2011
- Punjab youths held for hijacking bus (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Punjab youths highjack bus, arrested - Aug 23, 2011
- Heavy snow in Himachal, tourists stuck (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 20 die as bus fall into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- IAF MiG-29 crashes in Himachal, no sign of wreckage - Oct 19, 2011
- Shivering in Delhi? Head to sunny Himachal hills - Jan 07, 2011
- Czech paraglider rescued from Himachal hills - Oct 12, 2011
- Ten killed in Himachal accident - Apr 04, 2011
- Two leopard skins seized in Himachal - Jan 24, 2010
- Three students held for ragging in Himachal - Aug 04, 2011
- Thousands headed to Himachal as mercury dips - Jun 04, 2010
- Himachal women on mission to uproot cannabis (Feature) - Jul 12, 2011