Pallam Raju to attend Farnborough airshowJuly 16th, 2010 - 9:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Minister of State for Defence M.M. Pallam Raju Friday left for Britain to attend the Farnborough airshow, one of the biggest in the aviation calendar where the who’s who of the aerospace sector will be present and over 1,300 exhibitors and more than 120,000 visitors are expected to attend.
Indian defence public sector undertaking Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is among the 1,393 exhibitors from 40 countries participating in the biennial Farnborough International Airshow that begins Monday.
Raju is leading a three-member Indian delegation, which includes Secretary Defence Production Raj Kumar Singh and Commander-in-Chief Southern Air Command Air Marshal S. Mukerji, to the 47th Farnborough show.
Aviation selling and buying will be at the heart of the show, which in 2008 saw a record-breaking business of $88.7 billion being announced, according to a defence spokesperson here.
The show is also an ideal opportunity to showcase the latest star products and delegates from all over the world will be attending the weeklong event.
Over 170 aircraft will be displayed throughout the week and the focus, according to the spokesperson, will be on Space Zone and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) this year.
The Space Zone brings together key players from space agencies and industry to highlight the increasing role of space in a rapidly changing world.
Unmanned aircraft systems are participating in the daily flying display at the air show for the first time.
The Boeing’s 787 will be making its international debut at the show and so would be the new A400M military transport plane from Airbus, which was on show in Berlin in June this year.
- India's HAL among exhibitors at Farnborough airshow - Jul 18, 2010
- Pallam Raju leads Indian delegation to Farnborough Airshow - Jul 16, 2010
- India, Pakistan showcase aviation wares at Farnborough airshow - Jul 19, 2010
- Indian-run New Zealand firm designs UAV for cloud seeding - Mar 26, 2012
- Singapore Airshow sees deals worth $31 billion - Feb 18, 2012
- South Asia's largest aero show takes off Wednesday - Feb 08, 2011
- India shops for combat aircraft at Farnborough - Jul 20, 2010
- IAF chief to visit Singapore air show - Feb 13, 2012
- Indian deal hot topic at record breaking AeroIndia - Feb 11, 2011
- Antony opens Asia's biggest air show in Bangalore - Feb 09, 2011
- Asia's largest defence exhibition kicks off Thursday - Mar 28, 2012
- Russia to showcase its best combat aircraft in Dubai - Nov 12, 2011
- Aero India-2011 creates history as largest ever - Feb 09, 2011
- Aerobatic display by fighter jets, copters to be major attraction of Aero India 2011 - Feb 08, 2011
- German chancellor Merkel to unveil Berlin air show - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: aerospace sector, air marshal, aircraft systems, aviation calendar, defence production, defence spokesperson, farnborough airshow, farnborough international airshow, indian defence, indian delegation, international debut, military transport plane, pallam raju, public sector undertaking, space agencies, space zone, star products, unmanned aerial vehicles, weeklong event, world unmanned aircraft