Palin’s fashion needs cost party $150,000 last monthOctober 23rd, 2008 - 9:17 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Oct 23 (Xinhua) The US Republican party has spent about $150,000 over the last one month to meet vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s fashion needs, an online report has said. According to the political website Politico, the Republican National Committee used campaign donations to pay for the Alaskan governor’s clothing, hair styling, makeup and other “campaign accessories” during the month of September, following her nomination as John McCain’s running mate.
Among the expenses, $75,062 were spent at Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis and $41,850 in St Louis in early September. It also included $4,100 for Palin’s makeup and hair styling, the report said.
However, the Republican party said in its defence the clothing would go to charity after the end of election campaign.
“With all of the important issues facing the country right now, it’s remarkable that we’re spending time talking about pantsuits and blouses,” said Republican presidential candidate John McCain spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt. “It was always the intent that the clothing goes to a charitable purpose after the campaign.”
McCain, an Arizona Senator, was exceeded by his Democratic presidential rival Barack Obama in campaign funds.
The Republican party has been helping McCain’s bid for the White House financially and is allowed to spend up to $19 million dollars in the campaign.
- Hillary Clinton designer finds Palins wardrobe spending strange - Oct 23, 2008
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- HBO releases 1st picture of Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - Apr 28, 2011
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin - Mar 10, 2011
- 'Bush thinks Palin not fit to be President' - Nov 07, 2010
- The post-mortem of Sarah Palins 150,000-dollar shopping spree - Nov 07, 2008
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Oprah's Comments To 'Parade' Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin's Presidency - Dec 24, 2010
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Palin to campaign for McCain, other Republican candidates - Jan 21, 2010
- John McCain ranked most conservative US senator in 2010 - Feb 25, 2011
- McCain fails to name Palin in GOP star list - Apr 15, 2009
- Sarah Palin ruined 2008 elections for Republicans, says Bush - Nov 06, 2010