Pakistan’s next president to be from PPP: Party chairmanAugust 18th, 2008 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 18 (Xinhua) The Chairman of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Bilawal Bhutto Zardari Monday said the next Pakistani President would be from the PPP. Talking to reporters in the lounge of the Karachi airport, Bilawal said though he was not involved in the process of selection, the next president would come from the PPP.
His father, Asif Ali Zardari, who is the co-Chairman of the PPP, in an earlier interview with the Express News TV, said the PPP being the majority party had the right to appoint its own president once President Musharraf steps down.
Musharraf Monday announced he would resign as Pakistani president, one day before the ruling coalition was expected to table the “charge sheet” against him in the National Assembly.
The PPP and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) announced Aug 7 that they would initiate impeachment proceedings against Musharraf.
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Bilawal to take up 'some political responsibility' in September: Zardari - Apr 28, 2011
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Gilani to dissolve cabinet - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Don't go to Britain, opposition parties tell Zardari - Aug 02, 2010
- Dynastic politics a tragedy, says Pakistani daily - Apr 05, 2012
- Zardari snubs Cameron's 'hospitality' invitation - Aug 05, 2010
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010