Pakistan’s admission ‘positive’, says PranabFebruary 13th, 2009 - 12:02 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 12 (IANS) External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee Thursday evening welcomed as a “positive step” Pakistan’s admission that elements from that country were responsible for the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, and reiterated India’s hope that Islamabad would take “credible steps” to dismantle the terrorist infrastructure on its territory.
“Pakistan authorities have admitted that elements in Pakistan were responsible for the terror attack,” he said.
“They have taken some steps, this is a positive step. They have also asked for more material, we are examining the request. After examination, we will share whatever we can,” Mukherjee said.
“We expect Pakistan will take credible steps to dismantle the terrorist infrastructure on its territory,” Mukherjee said, reacting to Pakistan’s admission that a part of the conspiracy was hatched on its territory.
- `All means will be used to end terror coming from Pakistan,''says Pranab - Feb 13, 2009
- Terrorism in Pakistan, a direct threat, says Mukherjee - Feb 13, 2009
- Diplomacy has prevailed, but Pakistan should take credible action: India - Feb 18, 2009
- Fully unveil Mumbai conspiracy, India urges Pakistan (Intro roundup) - Feb 13, 2009
- India says Pakistan's probe 'positive', calls for credible action - Feb 12, 2009
- Pakistan asked to act against elements linked to 26/11: Krishna - Aug 03, 2011
- Pakistan 26/11 panel visit only after internal consultations: India - Sep 01, 2012
- Pakistan admits hand in 26/11, India demands 'credible action' (Second Intro Roundup) - Feb 12, 2009
- India asks Pakistan to dismantle terror infrastructure (Second Lead) - Nov 26, 2009
- Pakistan should do more to dismantle terror, says India - Feb 24, 2009
- India warns Pak against interfering in Kashmir - Sep 17, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor says India committed to promote peace with Pakistan - Jan 12, 2010
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- No talks between Indian, Pakistani foreign ministers at CHOGM (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2009
- India asks world to get Pakistan to dismantle terror sanctuaries - Dec 03, 2009