Pakistanis in UAE celebrate Independence DayAugust 14th, 2011 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 14 (IANS/WAM) The Pakistani community in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Sunday celebrated their country’s Independence Day with fervour and enthusiasm.
The flag-hoisting ceremony was held at the Pakistan embassy in Abu Dhabi. Ambassador Jamil Ahmed Khan unfurled the national flag in the presence of a large number of Pakistani nationals and embassy officials.
Messages from Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani were read out.
Khan highlighted the significance of the Independence Day and pledged to make Pakistan a strong and stable nation.
“The UAE has been our steadfast friend. The close ties between our two brotherly countries exemplify the finest diplomatic and economic relationship,” Khan said.
He urged the Pakistani community in the UAE to continue to serve their country.
A flag-hoisting ceremony was also held at the Pakistan consulate in Dubai where Consul General Tariq Iqbal Soomro unfurled the national flag.
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- UAE embassies celebrate National Day - Dec 03, 2011
- French honour for former UAE navy officer - Jun 30, 2011
- UAE charity gets one mn hours of volunteer work - Jun 09, 2012
- Egyptians in UAE asked to register for elections - Nov 12, 2011
- Luxembourg opens embassy in UAE - Nov 22, 2011
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- Low key I-Day celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 15, 2012
- Indian community in US celebrates R-day - Jan 27, 2012
- UAE greets India on Independence Day - Aug 13, 2010
- UAE, South Africa discuss judicial deal - May 28, 2011
- UAE leaders greet India on Republic Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
- Mass wedding held in UAE - Dec 17, 2011
- 39 couples marry at UAE mass wedding - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, ahmed khan, asif ali zardari, close ties, consul general, economic relationship, embassy officials, gilani, independence day, iqbal, jamil ahmed, national flag, pakistan consulate in dubai, pakistan embassy, pakistani nationals, pakistanis, steadfast friend, tariq, united arab emirates, yousuf