Pakistani troops build-up seen on Rajasthan borderDecember 25th, 2008 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Dec 25 (IANS) Mass movement of Pakistani troops was reported Thursday along the Rajasthan border, sources in the state’s home ministry said.Confirming a message in this regard from the Intelligence Bureau, the sources told IANS that the state government has been asked to be on alert, especially in the villages bordering Pakistan.
The state government has officially denied receiving any directions from the Indian government to evacuate villages near the border.
“The Rajasthan government has not received any communications to evacuate the villages,” a senior official of the home department said.
According to defence sources, quick reaction teams of the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force have been deployed along the borders in the western sector.
Quick Reaction Force (QRF) is poised to respond on very short notice, typically less than fifteen minutes.
However, residents in the border villages have not seen any mass movement of the Indian troops on this side of the border.
“We have not seen any major movement of the Indian Army in the last few days,” said S.R. Singh, a resident of Jaisalmer. The desert town is a popular tourist centre near the Pakistan border.
- Antony asks troops along Pakistan border to defeat any 'misadventure' - May 02, 2011
- Himachal steps up vigil along China border - Jan 11, 2011
- Army's war games in hot desert to begin in May - Apr 19, 2011
- Antony to visit border areas ahead of army war game - Apr 29, 2011
- Antony to review army's preparedness along western borders - Apr 29, 2011
- Youth 'kidnapped' by LeT returns to India from PoK - Jun 13, 2012
- Antony asks troops to be ready to tackle any misadventure - May 02, 2011
- No information on joint China-Pakistan army exercise: Antony - Nov 28, 2011
- LoC villagers get back their homes - Aug 27, 2011
- Pak planes intrude Indian air space - Jan 19, 2011
- Army rescues tourists stranded in Tawang - Feb 18, 2011
- Sweet water dreams come true for parched Barmer - Aug 30, 2012
- Shooting of 'Agent Vinod' remains stalled - Oct 28, 2011
- Pakistan war-gaming to counter India's military plan - Jun 05, 2011
- Army chief reviews Western Command preparedness - Jun 21, 2010